Friday, November 05, 2010

A Question of Religion...

So since becoming pregnant, one of the nightmares I have had is what role will religion have in my kid's life. I was brought up Church Of England, went to a Catholic school, but after much questioning since I was 10, am now atheist. I remember as a kid, the only thing I liked about going to church was the choir and my grandma's singing. The priest's costume was pretty cool too.

I found this article by Malcolm Knox.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/altar-egos-20101105-17hlj.html

It's a common sensicle approach and I believe that my kid should be exposed to everything and then make up it's own mind in relation to this matter. Much like I did.

We'll see what happens when this all comes to fruition.

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sister. It will sort itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle
    Jacquie and I are going through an 'religious education' experience such that we can have Helena christened. I wouldn't suggest I'm an atheist, however if not ever going to chruch puts me in that camp, then so-be-it. Not sure either I or Jacquie are really taking it up as we're just way too busy with everything else going on. If you guys are back in January, then you'll have to come along to the service. I remember when James was christened. Looking forward to photos, and our best intentioned thoughts and love are with you both.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete